Friday, April 5, 2013

04-05-2013 Day 24

The day started off with Bill calling to let me know that he could not find the correct brush to do the texture on ceiling that I want. He asked me if going with a plain flat painted ceiling would be ok, explaining the benefits of keeping it un-textured. I told him that I was not sold on this idea and I would have to talk it over with my wife. However, I did let him know if we would just be painting the ceiling, I would expect some type of credit back.

I called Max today to discuss a few things with him, one of which being the texture issue. He re-iterated that it would not be identical but similar, however this time he added because getting the same brush could be impossible. The perception I had going into this was that it was going to be slightly different because of these reasons : the technique the original guy used is not the same anyone else would use; Materials have changed since I bought the house 12 years ago; And techniques for mixing the mud are different every time.  Not the reason that "We may not be able to find the same brush." If I would have known that, I would of had a lengthier conversation about this in the very beginning.

I also asked Max about the use of sub contractors. As pointed out before, we were told that all of the workers would be from Builders Unlimited, and later found out that they do in fact use sub contractors. Max explained that they are not truly "sub contractors," they are 1099 associates that are under a non-compete contract with Builders Unlimited. This is common practice in my computer profession, so this eased my mind some.

So with Max's comments and it being Friday, I asked the crew to use some of the spare drywall and mock up options with the brushes they had. My wife and I would make a decision over the weekend.

Ben started to paint the walls with our color selection.

The Bathroom window guy did not show up as promised. Bill asked Kit to come out to start on the Window late morning. There were a few trips to the hardware store, but Kit started working on it by drilling pilot holes through the side of my house.  This led to roughing out the inside of the wall.  Around 2:00 PM Kit and Bill decided that it was getting too late in the day to cut the outside of the wall, and scheduled to be out tomorrow (Saturday) with two guys.















No comments:

Post a Comment