Wednesday, April 10, 2013

04-10-2013 Day 28

Well today was "fun"! Note to self: Invent a method of showing sarcasm on the Internet. Without going into all of the details, basically the agreed upon priorities, time schedules for each job, and the resources doing the tasks are not being upheld. There was no communication coming from Builders Unlimited to give me a heads up that our agreed expectations were changing.

I am the type of person that gives every situation the benefit of the doubt. I know there are a million reasons that things change will change. Normally when I start getting frustrated I have an open and honest talk with my contact. This talk is to explain my point of view and reiterate my expectations. If the agreed upon expectations are then not met, I escalate.

Yesterday was the conversation with my contact and today I escalated. Not only did we start a third project without working on any of the items discussed yesterday I now cannot reach the project manager. I escalated to my sales rep Max who escalated to Matt.

After several phone calls and Bill being MIA we all agreed to meet in the morning to discuss. Max and Matt were genuinely concerned about my issues and made feel like this would not happen again.

As far as what was actually completed....

Basement:
Ben finished touch up painting and painted the ceiling.

Bathroom Window:
No work completed

Paver Patio:
Kyle arrived and started to dig out the patio area with a machine. By the end of the day the hole was dug, and they were ready for the paver base.

In the process of digging they did snag my cable tv line that was buried. Thankfully we did not suffer any outage from this.

Kyle advised me that the dimensions on the patio drawing did not look correct. I had to agree with him because looking at the hole and comparing to the drawing something did not look right. However it was 7pm and we agreed to look at it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment