Wednesday, April 24, 2013

04-24-2013 Day 40

Basement:
Bill and Kyle were here to shorten the pocket door because the carpet height was stopping it from moving.  After unsuccessful attempts of taking the door off the rails, it was believed that there was not enough room for the door to come down off the latches.  At that point Bill and Kyle pulled the bottom of the door out at a weird angle and free hand cut the bottom of the door with a circular saw.  This produced 3 items:
  1. The door could open and close
  2. The bottom core of the door was missing
  3. A couple of uneven cut marks were visible
Bill said that he would have Ben come out tomorrow to fix all of it.  At that time I asked him if it would be quicker for the door to just be replaced.  I then explained to him I did not care for the finish on the door they supplied and would be replacing it anyway.  I offered to buy a new FINISHED door to my liking after work.  He agreed to this and said that he would have Ben out the next day to install.  I told him I would text him if / when I got the door that night so he could plan around the fact that I needed to be at work ASAP in the morning.

After work, I picked up the new door, and texted Bill with the news.  I did not hear back from him that night.

Patio:
It Rained cats and dogs so no work was completed.  However we talked about what it will take to give me the octagon top.  Basically Builders Unlimited has to buy custom 16 inch deep tops to give me the look we wanted from day 1.  I heard some grumblings about the costs, but was told that it would be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment