Thursday, May 2, 2013

05-02-2013 Day 46

After waiting all morning for someone to show up, I called Kyle to see when he was going to make it.  He told me he was still waiting on Bill to drop off the Scott's Patch Master.  When I explained I was waiting for him because I wanted to review items with him before I left for work.  He told me that he was around the corner at lunch and would be over soon.

Kyle actually had a new moving blanket for me to replace the missing one, and a touchup pen for the basement ( the baseboards were scuffed up when the carpet was installed), and the bag of sand.  Come to find out Kyle made a mistake and did not have glue for the pavers.  However he did look at the pavers that were moving and re leveled them.  He needs to add more mortar around these pavers he fixed and promised to do it tomorrow when he comes back with the glue.

After he left, I had wasted almost a day, so I just called my boss and took a vacation day since most of my day was already gone.  I took advantage of this time to power wash my siding and to attempt to power wash the mortar that was on the pavers.

I also had my son take the shop-vac and vacuum the ground.  Yes you read correctly, vacuum the ground.  There were so many piles of sand and rocks, there would be no way any grass would grow.  I was totally surprised that my large shop-vac was filled up three times with rocks and sand.
Dirty siding after a month of cutting pavers and the dust flying everywhere.  I hit the middle part with the power washer to show the difference.


One thing became apparent very quickly, I have a low spot on the patio and water was pooling.  Also my 2300 PSI power washer was taking an extremely long time to get any of mortar off.

I was getting angry about the whole thing, so I called Matt again and expressed my concerns.  My big point was we were in the home stretch and it was 99% done, but these fine details were killing me.  I also expressed my concern that that I already signed off on the project as being "Complete" so they would get paid, and I am not getting the attention I needed to be 100% complete.

Matt first of all thanked me for calling him directly with my concern, which I thought was cool of him.  As far as the mortar, he was not concerned with the cleanup effort.  He told me there was a cleaning product meant for this.  He was concerned with the attention to details and making sure I was getting the service I needed.  He was going to make some calls and someone would get with me tomorrow.

Water pooled above the soles of my shoes where my socked got instantly soaked.




2 hours later the only wet spot is where the water pooled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment