Wednesday, August 21, 2013

08-21-2013 Day 124

Ben Showed up on time, and we walked through what was to be done.  Ben told me that he had to wait for Matt before beginning.  HVAC guys showed up and were ready to start, but Ben wanted to wait for Matt.  Matt showed up a hour late and started to figure out what needed to be done.  My guess is seeing the quote and Ben telling him all that needed to be done Matt did not believe the amount of work required.  After he saw what was going on and that I was getting a new furnace / AC at the same time his tone changed.  He was saying things like "I don't know why I am being held responsible for approved work"  and "Obviously there is something else wrong since the whole thing is being replaced" and "Keith, you approved the work, why should I be held accountable now"
So I had to explain to him "First the AC replacement was always going to be done but we chose to do the other projects first.  Nothing is wrong with the Furnace / AC, we wanted a more efficient one with a humidifier.  Second, yes I approved the work, however that was with your employees giving me their word and Builder's Unlimited word that I would not have a issue in the future.  Yet here we stand."  I re-explained to him that when we tested the air duct modification it was cold and did not realize that it was going to be a problem due to us wearing heavier clothes and warmer bedding for the nights.  Either way his people guaranteed me that there would not be a problem after I challenged them on the airflow.  Finally he started saying that they would step up and take care of what they were responsible for.

Ben cut a hole in the celling and the HVAC guys were able to finally figure out what they needed to do.  However they needed more parts to make it happen.  Because of the time it was going to take to get them, Matt and Ben left for the day.  By the end of the day the HVAC part was completed, and I had airflow back into my bedroom, but I also had a whole in my celling that needed a box built around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment