Thursday, August 8, 2013

08-08-2013 Day 116

We have been having cooling issues in our bedroom, so we called out a reputable heating and cooling company (HVAC) to look at our AC.  They informed me that when Builders unlimited moved one of my air ducts, they did it improperly.  They split an existing 6" duct to feed another 6" duct,  they should have increased the main source trunk to a 10" duct and then split off to two 6" ducts to provide proper air pressure.  If you remember my post back on 03-22-2013 Day 14, I said that I was not happy with the air duct.  I expressed my concerns that there would not be enough air pressure to support the two 6" ducts from a single 6" duct.  I am a dumb home owner not a expert, but logic told me that this would not work.  Bill explained over and over that there would not be a problem.  Since we still had the heat on at the time, we did not experience any issues.  I attribute this to heat rising and having a good comforters on the bed.  Well now that it is super hot, all covers off and the celling fan on we are sweating our butts off at night. 

The fix will be to tear out part of the new drywall and celling.  The duct work will have to be put back the way it originally was, then dry walled around it again.  Paint, celling textured, dust, debris all over again...OH JOY!  I will be calling Matt in the tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment